Monday, April 13, 2009

5 Ways to Stop Overeating

I have been having problems following Weight Watchers by myself without having to pay for it so I thought I might try the South Beach diet again (I lost 50lbs with this my freshmen year in college). I am starting the South Beach diet today (haha...there was no way I could do it before Easter- not with my Grandma's cooking!). Since I do have the habit of overeating which I am sure is one of the reasons for being overweight I found this article at http://www.southbeachdiet.com/sbd/publicsite/dailydish/dd_20090411.aspx particularly useful.

I have highlighted the main points below.

5 Ways to Stop Overeating:
  1. Eat slowly and savor your food.
  2. Begin your meal with a salad or clear broth as soup.
  3. Drink water before and throughout the meal.
  4. Chop some of your favorite fresh vegetables (or cook them) and have them on the table with the rest of your dinner.
  5. Assemble your plate of food and then wrap and store any leftovers before you begin eating.

I hope you found these tips as useful as I did. Do you have any tips for not overeating?

No comments:

Post a Comment